- Big Data
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Clouding Computing
What Is Big Data?
Big data is primarily large sets of three types of data, organized, partially organized, and unorganized. This data is analyzed and used to make better business decisions
Factors of Big Data:
The three most important elements of big data are:
· Volume: information is in massive amounts.
· Velocity: data received at immensely high speed.
· Variety: data received in all forms like texts, graphs, etc.
Pros of Big Data:
Big data have given organizations a competitive advantage as they have a better understanding of the changing requirements of the business world.
· It helps companies to be customer-focused, which is mandatory in today’s world.
· It helps improve business decisions and reduces risk-taking.
· It helps in developing innovative products needed by the world.
Cons of Big Data:
· Customer privacy and safety are in danger of being violated.
· It requires advanced technology and analytical skills to process and utilize big data.
· It is a costly process to attain and use big data.
Some technologies used for big data attainment and analysis are The Hadoop Ecosystem, Spark, Data Lakes, prescriptive analytics and data virtualizations, etc.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
Augmented means “enhanced.” Augmented reality is a tool that adds features in our present world. It does not change the truth; it just changes our view of it. Some examples include:
- Pokémon Go
- Snap chat filters or lenses
Virtual means “implied.” Virtual reality is an entirely new world created with the help of technology. It may appear to be a world similar to ours, or it may contain a completely different environment. Some examples are:
- Virtual reality games
- Motion rides
The Similarity Between the Two:
The characteristic feature between virtual reality and augmented reality is that they both change our interpretation of the world. Because the world we see in augmented reality has added features and the world we see in virtual reality is a technologically built world.
What Differentiates Them?
The main point of difference is that augmented reality shows us the real world. Whereas, virtual reality conceals our view of the real world and presents an entirely different world far from the actual world.
If explained briefly, through cloud computing, computer-related services are provided online. These services include servers, databases, software, networking, storage, analytics, etc.
Types of cloud computing:
The three major types of cloud computing include:
- Public cloud
- Private cloud
- Hybrid cloud
Types of cloud services
There are numerous cloud services out there, but they all fall under four major categories that are:
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Platform as a service (PaaS)
- Serverless computing
- Software as service (SaaS)
Perks of cloud computing
- Through cloud computing, you can reduce costs because you only have to pay for the services that you require.
- It can be used to store or recover data effectively.
- Cloud computing is also used to analyze collected data to make better business decisions.
- You can build and test applications using cloud computing.
- Cloud computing is safe and reliable.
- It is fast and productive.
- You can use online services from all over the world using cloud computing.
- Cloud computing provides you with updated computing services.
The downside of cloud computing
- A stable internet connection is needed.
- It has limited features.
- Cloud hacking is possible.